Legal 500 recognises our corporate and commercial practice as one of Pakistan’s best. In 2020, the practice was recognised for advising “on a broad array of matters, from company acquisitions to mergers, regulatory issues and other commercial matters such as agency and lease agreements” (Legal 500: 2020).
Our corporate and commercial practice works with various globally recognised companies, multi-nationals, commercial banks, financial institutions and private equity firms to provide clients with robust, sound and practical advice on a broad range of corporate and commercial deals. When we work with clients, we provide more than just legal advice. We provide business, strategic and cultural advice that builds on decades of experience in this area.
We have advised on several cutting-edge commercial ventures including public and private M&A, disposals, demergers, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, shareholder agreements, exclusive distribution agreements, franchise agreements, asset acquisitions and finance, and the import/export of different goods and commodities.
Combined with our transactional expertise, we also advise on traditional corporate matters such as company incorporation, shareholder rights & activism, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, corporate advisory, debt and equity finance, private equity, statutory filings, secretarial support, regulatory compliance and other corporate advisory.
Our corporate and commercial team works with clients to understand their business and commercial needs to help them get through to the finishing line. Our team’s experience of working for regulators such as the SECP, the CCP, the SBP and the BOI gives us a deep insight into the workings of these government agencies that we can leverage in tailoring finding individual legal solutions for our clients.
Some of our key work highlights include advising:
- OMW Pakistan (Exploration) GmbH regarding acquisitions in Oil & Gas sector concerning acquiring petroleum licenses and the requirements under Pakistan Petroleum Rules
- Xpress Money on the authorization and licensing requirements for providing money remittance services in Pakistan under its recent foreign exchange regulations
- Airlink Communication in relation to a JV for raising additional capital for the business of import/export of mobile phones/tablets
- Afton Chemical Limited on a sale/purchase agreement with Pakistan State Oil of HiTEC gasoline and diesel performance additives
- Tag Petro Energy FZC in relation to an investment and conditional subscription agreement with a Candian based investment-fund for USD 15,000,000
- Makdan Shipping LLC for drafting, negotiating and executing a Vessel Purchase Agreement with another Middle Eastern company
- Pak-Sat in relation to the acquisition of space assets including drafting of commercial contracts such as marketing and escrow agreements and other related project agreements
- Performance Automotive (Pvt.) Ltd (Porsche Pakistan) with respect to its exclusive importership and distributorship agreements for Pakistan with Porsche Middle East and Africa
- Punjab Beverages (Pepsi bottlers in Faisalabad, Pakistan) with respect to negotiations and contractual arrangements with Italian and US equipment manufacturers
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pakistan with respect to the expropriation of business’ of Pakistani citizens in Uzbekistan under the Pak-Uzbekistan BIT
- MIDJAC with respect to drafting, negotiating and signing an agency agreement with a Singaporean entity
- Fauji Fertilizer concerning its pre-merger application to CCP in its acquisition of Agritech
- Sports Star International, the parent company for the largest privately operated terrestrial television network, in relation to its acquisition of Sunbiz for a total value of PKR 120,000,000 including the right to acquire new content
- National Authority in respect of creation of corporate legal entities and corporate restructuring of existing entities in order to optimize organisational objectives
- Dubai Islamic Bank in relation to the change of name of Pakistan Domestic Sukuk Company Limited
- A group of shareholders of a private limited company on a possible takeover and removal of majority directors
- Pakistan Microfinance Network in its project agreement and corporate compliances of SECP
- National ICT R&D Fund in relation to casual vacancy and corporate compliances
- Pak Railways in relation to novation deed following merger of General Electric and Wabtech
- Navitas on providing its services through a liaison office in Pakistan and repatriation of profits and expenses
- Innovative Investment Bank in relation to its winding up proceedings
- Punjab Saaf Pani Company in relation to a legal audit of its Consultancy Services Contract