Our disputes practice, consisting of litigators which Legal 500 has described as “excellent”, is considered to be the leading dispute resolution practice in the country.
Our dispute resolution practice provides clients with legal advice on all sorts of contentious matters covering a diverse range of areas that cut across different sectors, industries and jurisdictions. Our clients include sovereign governments, multinational corporations, high-net individuals and other public and private sector companies.
The depth and breadth of our dispute resolution practice is unparalleled.
We handle a wide range of civil and commercial litigation that includes areas as diverse as mining, oil and gas, aviation, foreign investment, construction, energy, corporate insolvency, bankruptcy, shareholder and principal-agent disputes, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, competition, government procurement, international trade and sale of goods, anti-dumping, constitutional, tax, banking and finance, labor and employment, property and real estate, securities fraud, telecommunications, media and intellectual property.
At ABS & Co, we understand that trying complex cases requires real teamwork among group members. Our collaborative culture makes building and strengthening such teams effortless. The team brings keen commercial acumen to each of its cases, embedding itself in the businesses and broader industries of the clients it represents, and drawing from the team’s experience advising clients across a vast range of industries.
Some of our key work highlights include:
- United Bank Limited in obtaining a money decree of Rs. 2.069 billion against Amtex Limited
- Siddiqsons Tinplate Limited, a publicly listed company on PSX, against the National Tariff Commission’s imposition of anti-dumping duty on imports from China
- Lafarge Pakistan Cement Limited in bringing IP infringement proceedings against Flying Cement Company Limited for a total value of PKR 528 million
- Tariq Shafi in challenging the privatization of the Pakistan Steel Mills
- Bankers Equity Limited in recovering more than PKR 450,000,000 through liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings in multiple courts across Pakistan
- National Bank of Pakistan before the Supreme Court in a labour and employment dispute regarding the management structure with a potential pension liability of PKR 15 billion
- Zealcon Engineering against SNGPL in a major construction dispute regarding the construction of a gas facility and processing plant in UCH-II against SNGPL
- Fizza Developers in a PKR 2.5 billion arbitral dispute for the construction of a hotel in Islamabad
- Federal Board of Revenue against BP Pakistan Exploration & Production and M/s Occidental Oil & Gas Pakistan LLC in the Islamabad High Court
- Mughals Pakistan in a construction dispute against EOBI for a total value of PKR 900 million
- Pakistan Ordnance Factory (POF) in relation to an agency agreement with its agent for the supply of defence related equipment to the Srilankan Army for undisclosed amount
- Habib Bank Limited in recovering PKR 300 million from a major textile unit
- VINCI Construction Grans Projects in the Lahore High Court with respect to illegalities in the procurement process of a 10MGD surface water treatment plant
- Government of Balochistan and Pakistan at the Interim Measures stage in the Reko Diq arbitration arising out of a mining dispute with TCC before ICSID and ICC
- OMV Maurice Energy Limited in a contractual dispute arising out of petroleum concession agreement against Zaver Petroleum Corporation Limited and Sadruddin Hashwani before the ICC
- TAG Engineering & Contracting Company W.L.L in bringing a claim against Public Works Authority, Qatar (Ashghal) for QR 90 million under the OIC Investment Treaty
- Venus in respect of the breach of two NATO freight forwarding contracts for an amount of USD 18,000,000 and USD 1,400,000
- Interactive E-Solutions JLT & Diallog Broadband (Private) Limited in a $14,500,000 dispute for rejection of satellite license by O3B Networks Limited